[Mozilla] [l10n-web] seeking volunteers for an optional marketing l10n project

Toni Hermoso Pulido toniher a softcatala.cat
dis jun 26 21:49:44 CEST 2010

Al 25/06/10 20:12, En/na John Slater ha escrit:
> Hi all. We're working on a project to help us tell the Mozilla & Firefox stories more crisply and effectively, and as part of that we're going to be launching a global survey next month to better understand what users think about us.
>
> Of course, to make it a truly global survey it needs to be localized...so, I'm looking for volunteers to help translate the survey text (about 1000 words, all told) and the Google start page snippet. I do have some fallback options, so consider this a totally optional project. No big deal if you can't or don't want to take part, but if you do please let me know.
>
> If you're interested, please email me directly by Monday morning (Pacific time). Final localized text will be due one week from today.

Hello John,

Catalan community would be happy to contribute as well.

However, I must say that localisation (which also implies cultural
adaptation) is often more than simply translation.
Next time, instead of just asking for translation of strings, I would
suggest to open with enough prevision a time for interested people to
send direct feedback.
Although more work is involved, we all can get more benefits.

Best,
--
Toni Hermoso Pulido
http://www.cau.cat

Més informació sobre la llista de correu Mozilla