[Fedora] Fwd: [Linux.com.users] Announcing the New Linux.com

Xavi Conde xavi.conde a gmail.com
dic maig 13 10:35:55 CEST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian Proffitt <brian a linux.com>
Date: 2009/5/13
Subject: [Linux.com.users] Announcing the New Linux.com
To: linux.com.users a linuxfoundation.org

Starting now, Linux.com is open to the general public. All existing
Linux.com user accounts will be valid, so you can get started right
away to become the ultimate Linux Guru.  In addition to Linux news,
product listings, and more, Linux.com is designed to be interactive;
“for the community by the community.”  You can:

 * Gain Guru Points for contributions to the site and compete for the
"Ultimate Linux Guru" recognition and prizes
 * Create a group for your LUG or developer group and invite friends
to stay informed. (linux.com/community/groups)
 * Add an Event to the Linux.com Calendar. No event is too big or
small. (linux.com/community/events)
 * Post a comment in our Forums to get help with Linux
(linux.com/community/forums)
 * Ask a question or give a solution in Answers (linux.com/learn/answers)
 * Add a listing or a product review in our Directory (linux.com/directory)
 * Create your own tutorial (linux.com/learn/tutorials) or blog entry
(linux.com/community/blogs)

When you add content to the new Linux.com, you gain the goodwill and
support of your fellow Linux.com users.  As you participate in the
site's community by providing content, you will gain guru points that
will move you towards the rank of Guru that can help you connect to
jobs and collaboration opportunities.

Become the Ultimate Linux Guru

The top-ranked Linux.com user will be recognized each year as the
“Ultimate Linux Guru” and be given a fully loaded “dream” Linux
notebook, personally autographed by Linux founder Linus Torvalds, as
recognition of his or her guru status. The top five contributors to
Linux.com will be invited to the Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit
to participate in the planning for the future of Linux.com.  The top
50 Linux Gurus on Linux.com will be included in an annual report from
the Linux Foundation.  More information, including “Guru” point
values, is available on the site at linux.com/welcome-community.

In case you were wondering, all of the old Linux.com articles, forums,
content will still be available for viewing at linux.com/archive.  New
threads will need to be added to the new Forum system at
linux.com/community/forums.

With a blend of the old and the new in place, there's no reason to
delay becoming a Linux Guru. Welcome back to the new Linux.com.

--
Brian Proffitt
Community Manager

---