[Terminologia] "device"

Eduard Gamonal xadap2004 a gmail.com
dll nov 8 15:05:10 CET 2010

Si us plau, llegiu el correu de sota.
la pregunta és

"Do other languages have usually a concept that could describe any hardware
format that Firefox might be running on, that can stand in for "device"?"

dispositiu hauria de ser vàlid per nosaltres, no?

Edu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alex Faaborg <faaborg a mozilla.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 00:43
Subject: Strings to describe the generic concept of "devices"
To: dev-l10n a lists.mozilla.org

Firefox 4 will have a sync feature that allows you to access all of your
data (bookmarks, history, passwords, etc) on anything running Firefox.
Firefox (or Firefox Home) is now running on both an increasing large number
of platforms (Linux / OS X / Windows / Android / Meego / Meamo / iOS) and an
increasing large number of form factors (desktop / laptop / phone / slate /
tablet / etc).

We now need a generic term that is more general than "computer" to describe
the things on which Firefox runs.  In particular, this is now coming up with
design work on how you activate Firefox sync on a second device.  The device
you are activating could really be anything (computer, phone, etc), and
since we won't know what you are trying to activate ahead of time, in
preferences we are considering the generic string "Add a Device."

Full mockups are here:
http://people.mozilla.com/~faaborg/files/firefox4Mockups/jpakeFlow-i1/jpakeFlow-i1.htm<http://people.mozilla.com/%7Efaaborg/files/firefox4Mockups/jpakeFlow-i1/jpakeFlow-i1.htm>

Do other languages have usually a concept that could describe any hardware
format that Firefox might be running on, that can stand in for "device"?

-Alex