[Mozilla] Fwd: [l10n-web] [mozilla.org]: Firefox hub and sub pages

Eduard Gamonal egamonal a softcatala.cat
dic jun 28 14:04:11 CEST 2017

Bon dia!
Qui vulgui traduir la secció de web té aquí sota un resum de les noves
cadenes, per d'aquí uns dies.
Com sempre, s'han incorporat al dashboard
https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/?locale=ca

una abraçada

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peiying Mo <pmo a mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 2:32 AM
Subject: [l10n-web] [mozilla.org]: Firefox hub and sub pages
To: "localization, Mozilla" <dev-l10n-web a lists.mozilla.org>

Hello Localizers,

As previously communicated, we have pushed a set of brand new Firefox pages
to Pontoon and Pootle.  Besides the new content, the style of writing is a
significant shift from other pages on mozilla.org.  We have added notes
wherever we see a need to provide context for better understanding of the
content.

*Project*: Firefox hub and subpages:

   - /firefox/shared.lang

   - /firefox/index.lang

   - /firefox/desktop.lang

   - /firefox/android.lang

   - /firefox/ios.lang

   - /firefox/focus.lang

   - /firefox/features.lang

   - /firefox/features/fast.lang

   - /firefox/features/independent.lang

   - /firefox/features/private-browsing.lang

   - /firefox/features/memory.lang

   - /firefox/features/bookmarks.lang

   - /firefox/features/password-manager.lang

*Languages*: All
*Deadline*: 16 August

Please note, of all the files above, *localize /firefox/shared.lang first.*
This file contains common strings existing in other pages.  It is very
important that before you start working on any other pages, complete
/firefox/shared.lang first.

These pages replace some existing content on mozilla.org (e.g. firefox/ios
and firefox/android), if the new files are not localized by 16 August, these
URLs will redirect to English content.  Please try to localize them before
the deadline.

When you work on some of the pages, you will notice the play with words or
theme. In the bookmarks.lang: File.. Fly... Futz. Or in
password-manager.lang, Hero... Ninja... Master...  Be a little creative
when attempting to localize the strings, think of local relevant figures or
expressions instead of translating it word for word to match the US-centric
content.

As always, please check your web dashboard for project progress and
deadlines: https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/.

For those who report that the mozilla.org landing page is no longer in
their language, make sure mozorg/home/index-2016.lang
<https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/langchecker/?locale=am#mozorg/home/index-2016.lang>
is localized, and so are main.lang as well as download_button.lang.

Thank you,
Peiying