[Mozilla] Fwd: UPDATED: You Can Start Localizing Fennec Now!
Toni Hermoso Pulido
toniher a softcatala.cat
div gen 13 23:21:49 CET 2012
Important sobre la traducció de la versió nativa d'Android del Firefox.
Quim, on calgui ajuda, fes-ho saber.
-------- Missatge original --------
Let's get down to business:
- Native's first release will be Firefox11. Aurora 11 will migrate to
beta on Jan 31st (i.e, you have until then to localize Firefox 11).
- We are not yet fully string frozen, but the string freeze date is set
for January 17th.
- The plan is for Firefox 11 to ship with sync enabled to land on aurora
- 23 locales on aurora still haven't migrated the directory layout in
- If you're one of those locales, file a bug or migrate using a script
(talk to l10n-drivers for the script). If you already have one filed,
ping within the bug.
- The "missing" count on the dashboard will instantly go from 900+ to
slightly over 100!
- Single-locale builds for testing are available on
We are now faced with some L10n challenges that go alongside the mobile
- We will drop the multi-locale build from the Android Market and
replacing it with single-locale builds. This will let the market decide
which build to offer to the user.
- Simultaneously, we will put up a website listing all our single-locale
builds, regardless of whether the Market supports them. By doing this,
we will finally have a way to ship all the locales that previously
didn't make it into the multi-locale build. The website will have
links to the APKs hosted on our servers.
- Firefox 11 XUL builds are going to be shipped to tablet users.
- It is still TBD if these XUL builds will be single or multi-locale builds.
As always, if you have any questions, please respond to this on the
topic and we'll be happy to answer them.
Més informació sobre la llista de correu Mozilla