[Mozilla] Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Next cycle for Aurora and Beta, all apps (kinda)

Toni Hermoso Pulido toniher a softcatala.cat
dij jul 7 00:40:09 CEST 2011

Hola gent,

ja tenim noves cadenes al repositori Aurora (Firefox 7).
Podeu veure-les a:
https://l10n-stage-sj.mozilla.org/shipping/dashboard?locale=ca

Des de l'equip català mirarem de traduir només els *-aurora.
I idealment no ens preocuparem pels *-beta si hem fet bé la feina.

Salut,

-------- Missatge original --------
Assumpte: [ANNOUNCE] Next cycle for Aurora and Beta, all apps (kinda)
Data: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 01:23:55 +0200
De: Axel Hecht <l10n a mozilla.com>
A: dev-l10n a lists.mozilla.org
Grups de discussió: mozilla.dev.l10n

The next round of aurora and beta is going on.

Update your local repos:

for en-US, use

> hg pull
> hg update --check

for your localization, the same as above will work, or just

> hg pull -u

(*)

There are still some funky issues on the dashboard, I'll try to figure
out what's going on tomorrow. Signoff links are confuzzled there, and I
honestly don't know why yet.

I'll also try to get rid of some old builds soon.

All apps are on the new release train working on both aurora and beta
now. Not all apps have that set up (calendar), and seamonkey decided to
not use the same version as gecko, though tb uses the same version as
gecko/fx/fennec.

TB's aurora is called "early bird", but it's on the aurora repositories,
fwiw.

Axel

For the technically curious and those that want to understand, here's
why you want to use `hg update --clean` for en-US (*):

When migrating from aurora to beta etc, we want to have the new state on
beta to be that of aurora, and get rid of the edits on beta in a
controlled fashion. There are two ways to do that, mostly:

- closing branches
- no-op merges

Closing branches leaves you on a different branch when trying to go
forward, look at today's graph:
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-beta/graph/68250?revcount=30
You'd be somewhere on the old beta version, but there's no way forward
to the new head on default.

hg is a princess here, so it only does that when you either update with
--check or --clean.

The graph is semantically right, though, so we're using that for en-US.

For l10n, I used a no-op merge. We're kinda more consistent between
channels than en-US is, and we should have more merges between beta and
aurora anyway, so for l10n that makes more sense.

So that's why you need an extra step to pull and then update with
options for en-US.

Axel