[Mozilla] Fwd: Testing For SeaMonkey 2.0.5 - help wanted!

Toni Hermoso Pulido toniher a softcatala.cat
dic maig 5 16:28:40 CEST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Kaiser <kairo a kairo.at>
Date: 2010/5/5
Subject: Testing For SeaMonkey 2.0.5 - help wanted!
To: dev-l10n a lists.mozilla.org

Hi everyone,

All the builds for SeaMonkey 2.0.5 have been created (updates are in
work right now, will be available on the betatest channel soon, going
to beta as soon as I have a few reports of the builds not being
busted), so it's time for starting tests on them to ensure we get an
update out there that is worth shipping to all our 2.0.x users.

Please help us testing the Windows installers, Mac disk images and
Linux packages, all available in 24 languages including US English -
this time we proud to add British English and Simplified Chinese!
The packages are available in the linux-i686, mac, and win32
subdirectories of
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/2.0.5-candidates/build2/

Once again, the linux-x86_64 build is NOT OFFICIAL and NOT ENDORSED.
It will be listed as "contributed build" even if it was technically
created by our build system, and it will be treated in no other way
than usual contributed builds. In other words, it's just an
experiment.

Please use the builds for any usage patterns you can think of,
possibly also doing a
https://litmus.mozilla.org/run_tests.cgi?test_run_id=7 smoketest run
on them. I know that Litmus run isn't perfect, but it's the best we
have right now.

Localizers, please test the builds in your locale, any updates can be
taken with further sign-offs (in the new tool) for 2.0.6 and future
updates.

If no problems come up in testing those builds, they will go live as
the official 2.0.5 on Thursday, May 13, in sync with Firefox and
possibly Thunderbird updates that will fix the same set of security
issues.

The list of bugs fixed in this update contains 46 public reports thus
far, 19 security issues are currently hidden and only to be disclosed
upon release of our updates. The bug query to find the issues is
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?product=Core&product=Toolkit&product=MailNews+Core&product=SeaMonkey&product=Other+Applications&field0-0-0=keywords&type0-0-0=anywords&value0-0-0=fixed-seamonkey2.0.5&field0-0-1=cf_status_191&type0-0-1=anywords&value0-0-1=.10-fixed&field0-0-2=cf_status_thunderbird30&type0-0-2=anywords&value0-0-2=.5-fixed

About 10 of those are fixes specific to SeaMonkey, 8 more in the
MailNews code we share with Thunderbird, look for bugs in that list
that are filed against the SeaMonkey or "MailNews Core" products. A
number of those fixes were done due to feedback and crash reports from
2.0.x, we hope we can make the further experience of that series even
smoother with those.

--
Toni Hermoso Pulido
http://www.cau.cat

Més informació sobre la llista de correu Mozilla