[Mozilla] Fwd: Re: Firefox Sync 1.4 string frozen NOW, changes to repo layout are required

Toni Hermoso Pulido toniher a softcatala.cat
dll jun 28 08:25:13 CEST 2010

Ep,

sembla que hi ha alguna mena de problema també.
Vegeu:
https://l10n-stage-sj.mozilla.org/dashboard/

Eduard, te'n pots encarregar aviat perquè pugui sortir a l'1.4?

Salut,

-------- Missatge original --------
Assumpte: Re: Firefox Sync 1.4 string frozen NOW, changes to repo layout
are 	required
Data: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:04:00 -0700 (PDT)
De: Mike Connor <mconnor a gmail.com>
Empresa: http://groups.google.com
A: dev-l10n a lists.mozilla.org
Grups de discussió: mozilla.dev.l10n
Referències:
<f0012b5e-88c9-4a81-8ba5-bcfcdb5f849c a t10g2000yqg.googlegroups.com>

Hey all,

We ran into delays getting Sync landed on trunk (backend pieces so
far), and that delayed releasing a test build.  b1 went out on Friday
with 14 locales.  We're now up to 16 green locales, which will be part
of a b2 spin going out quite shortly.

b2 locales: cs es-AR es-CL es-ES fi fr hu it ja ko lt pt-PT ru sk vi
zh-TW

New for 1.4: cs es-AR es-CL fi ja vi

Missing from 1.3: ar ca de nl pa-IN pl sq zh-CN

We'd really like to hear from the missing locales as soon as possible.

Link to development channel builds:
https://services.mozilla.com/sync/install.php
(b1 now, b2 ASAP)

For those who want to be able to build a localized version of the
addon for testing, you can use
http://snarkfest.net/weave/build-l10n-addon.txt
to do this.  you'll need python, make, and zip installed and available
in your path to do this.  Please let me know of any issues with the
script, it's hacky and it's my first use of python,

To run this script properly:

1. Create a new directory and change to that directory
2. export TOPSRCDIR=`pwd`/sync-main
3. python build-l10n-addon.txt ab-CD

You can build multiple locales separated by spaces.

Please let me know of any issues and I'll try to be as responsive as
possible!

-- Mike

On Jun 15, 6:04 pm, Mike Connor <mcon... a gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> We're on track to ship 1.4 in a couple of weeks, and we wanted to give
> more lead time and more context of how things are going.
>
> First off, timeline.  Our schedule is far less compressed than for
> 1.3, we're planning to release 1.4 on June 29th, with a final l10n
> cutoff at 9 PM PDT on the 27th.  For those who are UTC-inclined,
> that's Monday, June 28, 2010 at 04:00:00 UTC.  We will have final
> builds that night or early Monday for final signoffs.
>
> Second, test builds and testing.  I will be posting to this thread
> later this week with a python script that will let you build the addon
> automatically with one or more locales.  We will also be doing at
> least two dev channel releases a week with all locales that are ready,
> possibly using l10n-merge if there's a few strings missing.  The first
> localized test build is planned for late Friday, for anyone ready (es-
> AR is already ahead of the game!).
>
> Third, we've made some changes to the file layout, as part of our work
> prior to landing Sync on trunk.  The easiest way to move the current
> files is use the set of commands at the end of this email (you can
> save them as a bash script, or just paste them into a terminal window)
> and then commit and push the changes.  There is one new file, fennec/
> sync.dtd, which moves some strings from the old shared sync.dtd.
> engine.properties is no longer used, and can be removed (this is also
> included in the list of commands below).
>
> Last, there were some locales for 1.3 which missed some branding
> strings that referred to Weave.  Please audit your locales for any
> occurences of "Weave" before signoff.
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions!
>
> -- Mike
>
> # this will create the appropriate directories and move files into
> those directories
> mkdir firefox
> hg mv generic-change.properties firefox/
> hg mv fx-tabs.dtd firefox/tabs.dtd
> hg mv sync.dtd firefox/
> hg mv fx-prefs.properties firefox/prefs.properties
> hg mv fx-prefs.dtd firefox/prefs.dtd
> mkdir fennec
> hg mv fennec-firstrun.dtd fennec/firstrun.dtd
> hg mv fennec-tabs.dtd fennec/tabs.dtd
> mkdir services
> hg mv errors.properties services/
> hg mv sync.properties services/
> hg rm engines.properties

Més informació sobre la llista de correu Mozilla